Friday, March 11, 2016

I need ideas

So math is going okay as far as I know.  I think Chana is doing teaching textbooks by herself.  In true homeschool style, a program isn't as efficient as me being able to go at her speed.  But on the pro side, I'm not a great math teacher so at least this is clear and nice and understandable.

Bio is really complex and is becoming less fun.  I'm wondering if it might be worthwhile to take a step back from AP and do it on a slightly less intricate level.  OTOH, maybe if we just make it through this chapter in chemistry, the next section will be more appealing.  I'm not sure if it's the topic or if it's the level of detail.  Time will tell.

On the Torah end, studying Eisav went well and was pleasant.  I was trying to figure out what to do next.  Chana agreed to the spies but the reality wasn't so enjoyable for her.  I'm trying to figure out what would be really gripping.  What is the kind of Torah that will grab her by the heart and make her fall in love with Torah?

I think I need a little more preparation.  I was thinking the story of the spies, the Cheyt haegel (which I thought would be very interesting but Chana absolutely vetoed), Korach's rebellion, Perek 14 in Shmuel I which has always fascinated me.  I thought of going through Nechama Leibowitz (I think I would need to prepare beforehand).  Maybe Yonah.

I think I would like to take a little break from skills (her skills are coming along pretty nicely) and focus on something that will really interest her.

1 comment:

  1. Mahn.

    Moshe asking for forgiveness after Chet HaEgel.

    Do you use Sefaria or Beta Midrash app? She might be able to do her own learning and sleuthing.

    Shmuli is currently obsessed with Kuzari.

    Maybe Devorah?

    ReplyDelete