Wednesday, September 30, 2015

seuda hamafsekes

About 10 minutes before we sat down to eat erev Yom Kippur, I decided to put a question by each person's plate to facilitate discussion about Yom Kippur during the meal.  I put 3 fact questions by the boys' plates, and then 4 random questions for Chana, Sarah, Moshe, and Ari.  I would have put a question by my plate except I ran out of time to think of any more questions.

I had no time to type and print, and the boys were unable to read my handwriting.

Who does all the Avoda on Yom Kippur?

What are 5 things we can't do on Yom Kippur?

What is the place that only the Kohen Gadol can go only on Yom Kippur?

Why is it important/valuable to have a day of Yom Kippur in our calendar?

How are you going to make Yom Kippur mean something to your year?

What is the theme of Yom Kippur?

How does fasting help you on Yom Kippur?

The boys were pretty excited about their questions and Elazar initially thought the theme of Yom Kippur was because the Jews were taken out of Mitzrayim (probably because I frequently do this for the seder, too).  Everyone answered his or her question and it brought us some nice discussion before Yom Kippur.

No comments:

Post a Comment