Monday, September 9, 2013

a bit extreme?

The kids had friends over yesterday.  I told them to clean up the basement before they left.  They didn't really clean much.  Or perhaps they did.  Suffice it to say there was a lot that was not put away.

Then they had another playdate today.  I was pretty annoyed about yesterday.  I also felt bad, because I remember being told, "Go clean the basement" and there being such a huge amount of toys that I could barely make a dent in it.  Maybe they feel the same way.

Anyway, I went downstairs today and just put everything that was not put away into a garbage bag.  I got another bag for things to throw out, like used paper.  There was so much stuff on the floor I got another garbage bag.

As I was dumping toys into garbage bags, I kept having two different feelings:

1) They play with this so much!
and
2) Do we really need 30 trucks?

Anyway, I don't know what will be missed.  I am not sure where to keep 2 giant garbage bags of stuff.  I feel like if they miss any of the stuff, they can do something to redeem it.  And if they don't miss it, then we didn't really need it, did we?


No comments:

Post a Comment